The City of Port Aransas is in need of lifeguards. Starting pay is $18.09 with overtime available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Observes activities in assigned area on foot, in vehicle, or from tower or headquarters building with binoculars to detect hazardous conditions such as swimmers in distress, disturbances, or safety infractions.
- Cautions people against use of unsafe beach areas or illegal conduct such as drinking or fighting.
- Rescues distressed persons from ocean.
- Examines injured individuals, administers first aid, and monitors vital signs.
- Administers artificial respiration or provides oxygen to revive persons.
- Compiles emergency and medical treatment report forms and maintains daily information on weather and beach conditions.
- Operates switchboard or two-way radio system to maintain contact and coordinate activities between emergency rescue units.
- Other duties may be assigned.
For a complete job description, please click here Beach Lifeguard.