If you’re trying to eat healthy, the 2019 list of the unhealthiest dishes sold at chain restaurants is here to tell you what to avoid. The annual report from the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CPSI), called the Xtreme Eating Awards, includes menu items containing between 1,500 and 2,300 calories, and at least a day’s worth of sugar, salt, sodium, or saturated fat.
Among this year’s eight “winners” are Sonic’s Oreo Peanut Butter Master Shake, which has 1,720-calories, 48 grams of saturated fat and an estimated 62 grams of added sugar. CPSI says it’s the equivalent of eating “15 Oreos blended with a cup of lard.” Topgolf’s Injectable Donut Holes, make the list and have 1,900 calories, 37 grams of saturated fat, 1,800 milligrams of sodium, and an estimated 100 grams of added sugar per order.
Also on the list is Cracker Barrel’s Country Boy Breakfast, which comes with three eggs, fried apples, hash browns, grits, sirloin steak, a choice of two pork chops or country ham, as well as biscuits with gravy, butter and jam. It’s got 4,730 mg of sodium, more than twice the daily limit recommended by the FDA. The only item with more sodium is Jimmy John’s 16-inch Gargantuan sandwich, made with five-meats and clocking in 7,720 milligrams of sodium.
And you probably wouldn’t take down 11 Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts in one sitting, but the list calls out the Cheesecake Factory’s Cinnamon Roll Pancakes as the equivalent of that. With 2,040 calories, 51 grams of saturated fat and about 137 grams of added sugar after adding the icing and butter-infused syrup, this dish has a day’s worth of calories and nearly three-days worth of added sugar.
- Cracker Barrel –The Country Boy Breakfast comes with “all the fixin’s” and is equal to going to McDonald’s and getting three Egg McMuffins and four hash browns…at one time.
- Cheesecake Factory –Their Cinnamon Roll Pancakes cram 2,040 calories into three tasty servings. Just go to Krispy Kreme and get 11 donuts for the same effect.
- Chili’s –The Boss Burger is something to behold. It packs the same calorie punch as going to McDonald’s and ordering three triple cheeseburgers and a large order of fries.
- Dave & Busters –You’ll find 2,340 calories in their Chicken ‘n Waffle Sliders. To get the same caloric intake, and this impressive, you’d have to take on eight Eggo waffles and eight Jimmy Dean sausage patties and cover them in a half-cup of maple syrup.
- Jimmy John’s –The 16-inch Giant Gargantuan has triple everything you need…including the bypass surgery. You could get the same effect for ordering 3 Cold Cut Combo footlongs from Subway.
- Maggiano’s –If you get the Today & Tomorrow pasta deal and eat the Braised Beef al Forno in-house and take the Taylor Street Baked Ziti home for later, you’re taking in a combined 3,160 calories. That’s the same as 3 Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizzas.
- Sonic –The Oreo Peanut Butter Master Shake has over 1,700 calories for the 32-ounce large size and is equal to downing “15 Oreos blended with a half-cup of lard.” Tasty!
- Topgolf –An order of their 24 injectable donut holes can run over 1,900 calories. That’s equal to four Burger King double cheeseburgers and a large Coke.
Source:Center For Science In The Public Interest