Tonight's show will not proceed as planned.
Statement from Concrete Street:
Due to the Emergency Health Declaration issued at 4:49 pm today by the Mayor of Corpus Christi and the Nueces County Judge, Concrete Street Amphitheater is being forced to postpone tonight’s sold out Cody Johnson show.
City of Corpus Christi officials notified Concrete Street Amphitheater just prior to today’s emergency declaration that they would not allow the sold-out Cody Johnson show to proceed as planned.
We are working with artist representatives on a rescheduled date. Tickets purchased for the original date will be honored for the new date. We will send ticket holders more information in the next few days as well as keep our social media updated.
Here is the info from the city:
Earlier today, Judge Barbara Canales and Mayor Joe McComb assisted by City Manager Peter Zanoni signed and issued an Order regarding limitations to public and private gatherings. To curb the potential spread of COVID-19 and reduce the risk to the public, the Order will prohibit all indoor and outdoor gatherings within an enclosed space of 500 persons or more in the City of Corpus Christi and in Nueces County beginning immediately and continuing for the next six days.
The Order comes upon recommendation from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to limit mass gatherings. Exceptions to the declaration include:
- Public or private schools;
- Use of enclosed spaces where 500 or more people may be present at different times during the day as long the 500 or more people are not present at the space during the same time.
- Gatherings of people in multiple, separate enclosed spaces in a single building if 500 people are not present in any single space.
- Office space, hotels or residential buildings.
- Grocery stores, shopping malls, outdoor markets or retail establishments where large numbers of people are present, but it is unusual for them to be within arm’s length of one another for extended periods of time.
- Hospitals, medical facilities and shelters.
- Jails and detention centers.
- Corpus Christi International Airport.