Here's another story that shows how amazing first responders are!! A teenager in Wayland, MICHIGAN started choking. He was with his mom, but for some reason she could not do the Heimlich, and she did not have a phone. She did, however, have access to the Internet. She went on Facebook and tried to get hold of the Wayland, Michigan Fire Department. The problem is, in her panic, she contacted the Fire Department in Wayland, MASSACHUSETTS!!!
Incredibly, there just happened to be someone paying attention to the Massachusetts Fire Department's Facebook page. When they realized this woman was reaching out to them from Michigan, they immediately contacted the Wayland, Michigan Fire Department and gave them the information, including her address. THAT fire department sent over an ambulance right away, got there in time, and saved the teenage boy's life!!!